Survey: 40% of meeting planners planning on-site events in 2022
More than a third of meeting planners are planning on-site events this year with 40% planning meetings through 2022, according to a new survey from Delamar Hotels of Greenwich Hospitality Group.
The majority of future gatherings include networking receptions, while the number of board, executive management and sales training meetings as well as employee retreats have been split evenly. The online survey was conducted in October among a representative sample of 500 company meeting planners in the North East. He found :
- 44% share their time between home and office
- 34% plan to meet now and 40% plan to meet until 2022
- 35% of the meetings will be networking receptions
- 79% cited hybrid meeting capacity and technology as the most important factors in choosing a meeting location
The survey showed that COVID-19-related precautions remain a priority, with 46% of respondents responding that:
- participants must present proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test
- hotel staff must wear masks
- social distancing should be practiced between tables and at receptions
- 38% expect hotel staff to be tested regularly or have been vaccinated
- 30% say participants should wear masks
When it comes to team building and recreational activities, over 30% rate access to progressive cooking programs, outdoor spaces and on-site spa services.